Cordless Screwdriver

S

Shutpa

Asked in General DIY for suggestions for a cheap but powerful cordless screwdriver. Only to be used to drive in about one hundred 60mm screws and thats it. Must be powerful enough to do this as the one I have at the moment cant tackle the job and neither can my athritic hands. Can any one help.?

Sorry, have got it right now I hope.

Sponsored Links
Bolo,
If you've got a corded drill with variable speed you could use that but have a few practise goes first.
I've done it a few times when the old battery has gone flat, it can be a little fierce though.

Sponsored Links
bosch ixo.

:eek:

If the OP meant 60mm instead of 600mm then maybe an ixo, if not then you'd be better off with a corded machine, however you wouldn't have torque control. Even an 18v / 24v / 36v machine might do it, but you would probably only get 3 or 4 screws per charge.

600mm! at that length they will be a nice gauge too so a normal screwdriver will be hopeless. An impact driver would be needed for that sort of size fixing.

If its 60mm and you wont ever use it again, would it be an option to hire a suitable driver? a Bosch GSR 10.8V will be more than man enough for this task and will be light and easy on your hands. Or if you anticipate you might use it in the future they can be had for less than £100.

Yes, the Bosch GSR10v, or even better the impact driver version (slightly costlier but superb)

A while back someone was going on about these Makita's being quite good.

Pre-drilling the holes first will make all the difference.

Cheers guys and thanks for your replies. Bought a £15 effort from Argos, did the job successfully, then donated it to the local Red X.

Very altruistic, but come next week another odd job will crop up requiring that you'll need it again!
Best get down to the red cross shop in the morning and buy it back.

Should be a bit cheaper second time around :LOL:

The cordless screwdriver. Wouldn't be without one, even in a rubber dinghy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back