Core Drill Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
My Makita core drill has died after many years of good service. I don't use it more than twice a month on average so I wouldn't say its high or heavy use. Therefore I'm interested in any opinions of the cheaper end of the market, such as the sparky drill sold in screwfix.

Also considering investing in a new core kit, so any recommendations for that also greatly appreciated.

cheers

micky

Sponsored Links
though
i have no doubt the diamonds on those are good, the slotted fashion is a mistake. Shame 90% of manufacturers and workmen believe the slot is helpful in practice it hinders.

I've had the Sparky drill for over 2 years and has served me well - probably used similar amount as you. Only downside when I got mine was it didn't come with a case.

Sponsored Links
I think I may take a chance on the sparky, for just over 100 quid I'd be happy if it lasts 2 years :D

Just a bit of feedback, as it might help others.

I ended up opting for a Marcrist DDM2 core drill, with Turbolite Core bit. I think it was a decent decision. I have used it once and it certainly made short work of a standard cavity wall. Was through in about 10mins or so with 127mm core. Pros I can see so far, very powerful, robust, and appears well built. In line RCD protection, and option for wet drilling.
Cons, quite heavy, gear is quite stiff to locate into position and one time jumped out.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Also I bought the drill, 127mm core bit, adaptor & 300mm extension for about 330 notes, so I think thats pretty decent value.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back