Corner Plaster Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back to this small wall in the kitchen that I have dot and dabbed plaster board onto, which I asked about last week. (Thanks for your responses) :D

It has a window in it which I have plaster boarded in the reveals (Hope thats the right word). I have read on this sight that it is best to skim it before tiling, which is no problem.

Is it necesarry to put corner beading on the window reveal even though it is being tiled after ?

If so, how are they attached to the plaster board ?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
i've not done dot & dab but info may be of use.

when i do a stud wall i always put a thin angle bead (24x24mm) on the external corners. this i fix with skim plaster.

when i do a window i always put beading around the window even if i am going to tile part of it. i feel it essential to give a top notch job. again i fix the bead with skim plaster (here i use std angle bead 46x46 as i use browning).

Use thin coat angle bead regardless, it doesn’t cost much & makes life a lot easier. I also use stop beading around the internal edges of the reveal against the frame; skimming between that & the angle bead is a breeze. I fix first using a staple gun &/or a few dabs of grab adhesive, wait for that to go off then mix & skim.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies,

Good idea about the stop bead against the window frame.

Looking forward to the weekend when I will be doing this job.

:D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back