Coronation Street.

Anyone remember Ena Sharples grandson?? Went on to become a right little Monkey he did. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Eddie Yates, the bin man, just diagnosed with cancer I believe? Good luck, hope there are a few years in you yet!

I was brought up a couple of miles from Granada studios where they made the show, also lived just around the corner from Man Uniteds training ground on the "Cliff" over the years saw loads of TV and sports celebs. One of the bungalows that I work on was at one time owned by Peter Adamson (Len Fairclough) a good actor but dropped himself in it when he sexually assaulted two young girls in Bury Baths, he got away with it but a couple of months later he admitted it.
He lost his acting career and died in squaler in a rented flat had more than a few pints in the Priory pub with Georgie Best, the best place to go to see TV celebs was the Whisky ago go night club, saw everyone there including the Kray twins.

Sponsored Links
Peter Noone(Hermins Hermits) and Arthur Lowe(Capt George Mainwairing) were in it at some early stage.

When Corrie first came out it was great because it depicted ordinary folk in their terraced houses but it has now been ruined by the Southern influence. Another thing, it is described as cobbled streets, not so, there are no cobbles in Coronation Street they are sandstone sets.
Coronation Street was based in Archie Street Salford just near the docks it was based on an idea by Tony Warren who had an intimate knowledge of Salford. Tony was gay and he sank into a boozed up oblivian and while he was boozed up he was conned into selling the story rights and makes no money from the show.
I served my time in the plumbing game pushing a handcart around the mean streets of Salford including Archie Street which was demolished in the 60's, happy days despite the poverty.

Back