Correct order of application for central heating treatments

There's only one rad with a working TRV, the rest have packed in through lack of maintenance before I moved in and are on the "to do" list when the boiler is replaced, so it's not quite that easy. Can the pins be adjusted "by hand" with tools in order to manually turn on/off? I've never tried before for fear of causing leaks if I damage anything.

I've never had this problem before, and I've drained the system at least twice over the past couple of years, hopefully the problem will just work itself out. I've turned the boiler off temporarily as I'm melting, but the pump is still on and circulating the hot water through the system, I'll turn the whole lot on again tomorrow and see if the air's working through. I've noticed that one of the upstairs radiators has now gone cold at the top (it's the tallest one, so that's the highest point on the first floor) so there's definitely air moving around in the system, I'll bleed that one for now and see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
never mind the trv

use the lockshield valve on the other end. To balance, shut it completely, then open it about half a turn and see if it warms up. They need very little movement from the closed position.

Ah, of course, I can stop the flow on either end of the radiator, good point! Maybe I'll do this tomorrow when I'm a bit more with it and see how I get on. Cheers for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back