correct setting for auto bypass valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we've recently moved into a property we are renovating, the boiler is an vaillant eco tec pro 28 which is installed in the kitchen, next to the kitchen is the living room with a radiator without a TRV and under the floorboards is a 15mm danfoss auto bypass valve that is fitted which is currently set to 0.2

In total we have 5 central heating rads in the property

I've noticed when the central heating is on the boiler cycles on and off within less than 1 minute is this correct or is this being caused because the auto bypass valve has been set incorrectly

Sponsored Links
It's probably due to the boiler output being too high for the five rads. They will add up to between 6kW and 9kW while the boiler can deliver between 9kW and 24kW. The minimum output is fixed, but the maximum can be adjusted using parameter d.0. I would suggest reducing it to about 11kW. Instructions can be found in the Installation Manual.

NB This only affects the central heating, the output for domestic hot water is not changed.

It's probably due to the boiler output being too high for the five rads. They will add up to between 6kW and 9kW while the boiler can deliver between 9kW and 24kW. The minimum output is fixed, but the maximum can be adjusted using parameter d.0. I would suggest reducing it to about 11kW. Instructions can be found in the Installation Manual.

NB This only affects the central heating, the output for domestic hot water is not changed.

Cheers I will adjust and report back...

With a rad with no TRV and as well an internal bypass in the boiler the external one is hardly necessary.

I would increase the setting to 0.3 and from a cold system turn on the heating and feel the pipes either side of the ABV and see if both sides are very warm.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back