Corsa 2001 water in boot (with sunroof)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Keep getting water in the boot.
Done bit of reading, have checked the drain channels from the sun roof are clear, ie water runs out.
I have removed the rear light clusters & can see the water from the sunroof runs out into where the light clusters sits, this water is then getting into the boot.
Any ideas where/what I am looking for, Im thinking another drainage channel. This is happening both sides of the boot.

Sponsored Links
Been looking,
it would appear where the wiring for the rear light cluster comes from the bodywork there is a seal & I think the seal isn't sealing.
I tested it by pouring water in where the wiring loom is & the water goes to the boot, Im guessing there could also be a seal that isn't sealing within the body panels.
As a fix I have used silicone seal round the original seal.
Will test it another day when it cures.
If this isn't the solution I reckon I will have to remove some trim panels.
Hoping there is someone out there who has fixed this problem.

Sponsored Links
Think the pedal box leaks on those (a thread on here somewhere) and it runs to the back, under the carpet, are they wet? Don't think it can jump across to the passenger side, so this might help to determine if its the cause.

OK, read the post now, look on U-Tube for Corsa sunroof fix, you should see where the pipes should go.
I would think the pipes have come out at the top if the water is ending up in the rear lights? Or the outlets from behind the lights to the outside have clogged, they usually drain out on top of the plastic inner wing, so you cant see the outlet from the outside.

Must read full post in future .............
I see he has it fixed .................. :)

The sunroof drains to all 4 corners, that was not blocked as water was flowing nicely.
At the rear roof the pipes exit at the top of the tailgate & it is designed so the water runs down BEHIND the light cluster lens assembly, this is also where the water from the roof drains.
There is a foam seal where the wiring loom exits the body work to connect to the rear lights, The water was running in where the foam seal had failed, so I have used a good quality silicone & sealed all round the foam, but allowing the water to continue to run down where it was designed to.

Back