Corsa C 1.2 head gasket

There was a recall for Corsa coolant temp sensor wiring a couple of years ago (may still be in place? ). Water runs down the cable into the coolant temp sensor connector (CTS on the radiator) causing corrosion stops cooling fan coming on ...engine overheats ..head gasket goes.

Fix was to replace CTS and extend wiring so that the wiring looped down below the CTS (so the water drips off rather than running in to the sensor)

Hope this helps.

F

Sponsored Links
Just to update the thread, Dave, (who did the head gasket), came to do my Cam belt on Monday, so had a look at the Corsa. HG is NOT gone we think, water leak appears to be a weeping radiator, not easy to see unless you stick your head in at a very awkward angle. It is blowing coolant back onto the engine hence the staining I could see but couldnt work out where it was coming from....

Misfire seem to be down to a damaged coil pack. So new rad and coil pack, and hopefully it'll live a bit longer. Just need to service it now. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do some work on it.... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back