corsa c timming chain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wanting to find out if im able to get my timming chain tightend up on my corsa c 1.2 16v look forward to someone reply

Sponsored Links
Oil change first

As far as I know its a new tensioner, some of the other lads will be up to speed on how difficult it is on the 16V.

i have just done oil change,so does that mean just new tensioners then or tensioners and timming chain? thanks for reply

do the lot in one go price wise as it it in bits. So not a great deal of extra cost labour wise.
Are you sure it is not tappets whats the mileage.

Sponsored Links
hi there not sure,just been told it could be the timming chain,why what if its the tappets?

Just one of them make sure as they can suffer don't want the wasted money's on the cam chain.
the chain adjuster is not adjustable just a change

hi there the car milleage is 72,450,how can you tell its the tappets mate cheers

It's where the noise comes from, and the difference between a rattle and a consistent tapping.

The chains do work loose quite quickly on these - much so than the 1.4 or other engine sizes.

a good trained ear will tell you if its the chain, very common problem on these. kits are now available for as little as £50 on ebay but dont buy the cheapest, go for something that is oe quality and has some sort of guarantee

Sponsored Links
Back