Cost of a new solid floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to damp a builder has said that the solid utility room floor in a house I am in the process of buying needs to be replaced to include a polythene membrane as at the moment it does not have a damp course! The quarry tile floor is uneven and does need to be replaced. The room measures 12'1" x 9'7". The quoted cost is £5270 including VAT. This is far more than I was expecting. Does this figure seem right or should I be able to get it done for a much better figure?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are big and strong and have a few good mates you could dig it up and relay it yourself. With hired equipment it will be hard work but not so bad as pick and shovel. You will have to give your helpers a barbie or two but no beers until the end of each days work. You might find your mates get fed up helping unless you restrict it to a couple of Sundays for them, and do more yourself.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. Am going to get another quote so would like to know if anyone knows of any decent builders in the Wolverhampton area who i could ask for a quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back