Cost of cutting granite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have salvaged an old butler sink and some second hand granite worktop someone was throwing out of their kitchen refit (!?) to put in our utility room.

We just need to put two squares of worksurface either side of our sink, with 3 rounded cuts to fit round pipes where the granite work surface will meet the right hand wall

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to get someone to cut granite if we take our own in somewhere? (Colchester area)

From the slab we have, to get what we need, we need to cut 4 straight edges, 3 pipe holes (semi-circles) and possibly round off 2 corners.

Any rough idea appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Similar situation to you, I need about 4 straight cuts and a polished edge put on. I've been quoted between £200 - £400 if I deliver the granite, and £500 - £600 if they collect it. I've got quotes from granite cutters used by various local kitchen fitters and stone merchants.

Also been told that I could do the straight cuts myself, with a diamond blade in an angle grinder and a hose . Don't fancy taking the risk of breaking it tho.

Sponsored Links
we couldnt quite get the area out of our bit in the end, so had to splash out on 2 new bits 30mm thick, approx 700x700mm each.

Each one has: a pencil rounded front edge, one rounded corner, and 3 pipe hole cuts.

total £530 including (stellar bianco) granite.

We didnt fancy trying to cut it ourselves either, and this kind of granite had a guarantee against scratching and staining.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back