Cost of laying polished procelain tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please tell me the approx cost of laying both 400x400 ceramic floor tiles and 400x400 polished porcelain floor tiles. I have also been told that for the porcelain tiles that you need to use an underlay. Is this true?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I've just had 400 x 400 porcelain tiles laid. I supplied tiles and adhesive £20/m for 20 metres. They were layed on a self levelled floor on Mapei Adesilex P10. Don't know what the underlay thing is about. Also I think polished porcelain may need to be sealed as the polishing reveals tiny pores which can stain. I understand the unpolished don't need sealing.

Ordinary ceramic tiles are normally cheaper to lay in terms of materials.
If laying on concrete, you an use ordinary fastset. If on wood, use flexible fastset. Only thing with ceramic is that it chips easier than porcelain. Also porcelain is very similar all the way through the tile so is less noticeable if damaged.
Polished porcelain needs a flexible adhesive come what may - more expensive. As mentioned before, it is very sensible to seal the tiles before grouting. Use a standard impregnator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back