Cost of materials before fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a bloke round to give me a quote on replacement gutters, downpipes and sofits.

As the original sofits are in good condition he is also going to give me a quote on just the gutters and downpipes.

The house is a semi detached, not sure of exact measurements buts an average semi.

He has told me that the materials alone i.e gutters, brackets and downpipes will cost £300-£350 alone. I thought that seemed pretty expensive as the house is not a large house. There are only 2 downpipes and it will be rounded guttering in white.

Does this price for materials alone seem reasonable or is he buying the most expensive stuff? I thought he would get them at trade price anyway which would seem a little cheaper.

I would have a go at doing them myself if the materials where cheap enough.

Sponsored Links
price for materials seems reasonable to me also he may get the materials at trade price but that dosnt mean he passes that price to the customer if he does all well and good but dont take it as a given

The bloke has just got back in touch with me.

To take the old guttering down and replace with new hes quoted £350 all in. To do a full fit, but only clad the original sofits hes quoted £600

He's a friend of a friend and I have seenhis work, maybe thats why the cheap quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back