cost of porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Any advice or appropriate opinion would be appreciated..

I have asked a local double glazing company to provide me with a 3 meter long porch with door one end and side and rear panels composed of half glass - non opening - :rolleyes: and half pvc - 3 panels in all. The other side to be the existing house wall. Obviously includes a concrete base and also felt roof. Total cost to be £5000.00 is this an appropriate amount, or did they think they could see me coming. They are a good and reliable firm used twice before but it seems a lot to me.

Sponsored Links
To many factors to guess at to be able to help.
Width, Roof construction, Door style, Height, foundation and slab depth, Access etc.

5k doesn't sound unreasonable, Get a couple of other quotes from local company's to compare.

As you are happy with their previous work you could also try to haggle a bit, Maybe ask if it would be a bit cheaper if you were to wait until they don't have much work on.

Thanks gazman just to clarify
width - 1m
height - 7ft
roof - felt and wood
porch door - basic upvc lower half and glass upper 90 cm wide
base concrete with insulation - 6 inches high
access - quiet wide road no restrictions park in front of house 15 mins from company offices

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back