Cost of scaffolding on an semi detach .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed that the mortar on the ridges of my semi detached roof have given away and a couple tiles look to be either broken or have moved , it is an old roof probably from when the house was built in the sixties .

I spoke to a builder who said it would be at least £1500 for the scaffolding and then the cost to the repoint the ridges , replace the tiles and repoint the chimney - does this sound right ( in the midlands ) ? .

Quite a shock as I was not expecting it to be too expensive

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, today, I bumped in to a scaffolder that I have used once before.

I asked him how much for a single lift on the following house. I just need to paint the windows.

aspen brick.jpg

He said that he would do it for £220 (cash). I told him that he can have £250 (but that the extra would be the tip). When I used him previously I was happy with the scaffolding. It seemed to be up to spec.. I work on scaffolding about 4 or 5 times a year.

Photos of your property might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back