Cost to replace flat roof on garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a flat garage roof that currently has felt on it.
Money is tight so I'm looking to trim costs if possible
The area measures 2.8m by 5m
I'm in South East England (Kent)
There's no access issues etc getting on the roof and the rafters and boarding underneath are all sound.
I believe felt is cheaper than both fibreglass and rubber (correct me if I'm wrong)
I'm not bothered which material lasts the longest as I don't plan on living here long enough for it to make any difference.
What roughly am looking at cost wise assuming the costs are for removal of old roof, new roof and disposal of old materials?
How much could I save if I stripped the roof myself and disposed of the old felt myself? I'm happy to bag it up and take it to the dump (I know there's a charge)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just seen this as I was about to post a similar question, so I thought i would post on this thread my info.

My question was about the rough costs i have seen on the internet as to the cost per sqm for fibre glassing. It seems the price is around £100. Is this including materials or just the labour cost?

I ask because I am doing my own small dorma roof and the area is about 5sqm, but the materials have cost me £366. That includes new guttering and 2 x 5m facia boards (250mm). If i take off these costs I come to £223.

So that leaves £277 for labour and it is taking me 2 full days, plus I can tip the rubbish for free at the tip. So who ever is doing this for £100 sqm is not making much money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back