Flat Roof Material

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if there's an alternative to Felt for flat roofing. I'm about to build a rear extension with flat roof. Quite simply I hate the stuff and always thought there must be a better material to replace the nasty felt which is a bit like cardboard with some bits stock on it.
Any suggestions that could be look good and more permanent than felt. I now about gloss fiber roofing and believe it costs too much.

Awaiting for your kind suggestions.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
if you believe GRP is to expensive then you more or less stuck with felt..

in the past we have had jobs done in GRP and found little difference in cost..

Sponsored Links
If you are doing it as a DIY job rubber may be the easist to apply. Basically you measure the length and breadth of the roof and get the rubber cut to size , adding a few inches extra all round to allow for drips ect. Then itis only a matter of sticking down the edges and screwing on the metal edge and gutter trims you then load the ballast on the roof to hold it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back