costing of garage 8 metres X4 metres.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im thinking of getting a garage built approx 8 metres x 4 metres and wondering of the cost.approx how many brick would this take. do brikkies have a rete per 1000 brick generally. any idea of how much footings and concrete base would be roughly. any info/help would be much appreciated. only other costings i can think of is roof tiles and roof timbers???? any advice.

Please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
hi
just had a 3mx7m approx brick garage done
i ordered 2000 bricks for it but needed about 500 more which i already had
depends on the type of brick u have as to how much they will cost ring round merchants for job prices
base was a solid slab 150mm thick and 225mm at the edges for extra strength for walls with steel mesh across the lot . 3.5cubic m approx £360.00 plus mesh plus shuttering so pro rata it for yours
brickies rates will vary but get a job price for laying and then the roof seperately
pitched roof for mine with concrete tiles and wood came to just over £500 plus labour
most expensive things were hiring the mixer, trestles and boards if u have friends with them get them a bottle of whiskey(or two) will work out a lot cheaper
hope i have been of use to u
Keith

brickies have a rate per 1000, but it`s given to them by Barratt, Wimpey etc ;) There`s folklore that they could get 1k a day back in the 60`s....just look @ the state of the houses :LOL: :LOL: Useful info Keith 70.............would add consider buying mixer and then ebay ing it after ;)

Sponsored Links
keith70 said:
hi
depends on the type of brick u have as to how much they will cost ring round merchants for job prices......

shuttering so pro rata it for yours...........

brickies rates will vary...............

all of which basicaly says "get several quotes" which is waht was said in the first place :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back