Costing out a fire install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to service customers DFE. Was Black Diamond which coincidently were manufactured in Wigan which is quite near me but they went out of business 15 years ago.

The fire was sooting up as was the back , on closer inspection the ceramic supports for the coals had broken leading to the coals collapsing onto the burners and restricting combustion air, there was also no vent at all into the room, fsd was also not working as pilot wouldn't stay lit.

I actually managed to track down the wife of the boss of the company that manufactured these, she was very knowledgable and had written the MI's. I was correct that this fire did in fact need the standard vent .

Because of the various faults I phoned the client and with their permission stopped the gas supply to fire and informed them the fire would need repairs or probably replacing.

There is not really any place for a vent to go in the room so repairs are out which means new fire.

I can get hold of a Crystal Heatrave burner insert at £180 to swap out the old one. Just wondering how you guys would price this job. Woould appreciate your thoughts. If you would rather email me what you think see my mail in my sig
Cheers

Tez

Sponsored Links
Who exactly is this Mod 7 ???

Why does he not have a name?

Does he have nothing else to do this evening apart from fiddling with peoples harmless postings?

Tony

no one is allowed to advertise their own website in a signature, mod 7 is only doing his job

Sponsored Links
Giving a name is more responsible, friendly and professional.

Being an unpaid volunteer "mod" is hardly a "job".

It would also be more user friendly to say what the problem is than to mention a rule number. A policeman will not say to you " you are contravening Article 27 of the Highways Act 1931" he will just say "you can't park on these yellow lines"!

I was not refering to this mod action which is fine but to many other unjustified fiddling he has done during the last few days.

Tony Glazier

I posted my googlemail address so ot was hardly advertising was it. I was quite happy to comply with the mods request anyway though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back