Could it be roof felt or gutter problem ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

When the wind blows in a certain direction there is often a loudish rattling noise to be heard at around the gutter level or just above.

I've been told by various people that it could be anything from a problem with a gutter bracket to roof felt flapping in the breeze.

Does anybody else have any experience of this? If so, what would you recommend. Until now I've been convinced that it's a gutter problem but the advice given to me about roof felt has got me thinking!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My money would be on roof guttering, sounds like the the top of the gutter bracket snapped off which you can't see until you go up there and the gutter lifting and flapping in the wind.

Easiest way to find out is to run a ladder up and get someone to have a look for you. It may also be a TV aerial wire that may be flapping around if it has come unattached from it's clips enroute to the aerial.

Thanks for the advice. Can these gutter brackets be bought at places like Jewson's, Focus, B&Q etc ?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back