Council conditions on planning application and fees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The council put conditions on my planning application for a new build, one being that they required the windows to be altered. Can they charge £97 for this

Sponsored Links
No the council asked for the position of the windows to be moved on the plans

Eh? You have a planning approval and one of the conditions says the window positions must be amended? That makes no sense.

Sponsored Links
I didn't say I had planning permission. What I have got is a recommendation to grant conditional permission subject to certain conditions, one of these being to move the position of the windows on the plan. Do I have to pay a fee of £97 for this. This report was dated 21st July 2014 but I was only informed of this on 20th Jan 2015

Sorry you're not making too much sense, are you saying you have an undecided planning application in at the council that's been in since July 2014? Normally when the officers report is published its about one day before the application is decided. In an ideal world, you would speak with the planner before he has written his report and any recommendations he has (that you agree are reasonable) you can do by amending the drawings, then its approved. Why would there be a charge for you to amend your planning drawings? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back