Council Want To Remove My Parking Spaces

So what happens when a permit holder is not using a space? Keep it empty until he returns? I don't think so.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
and it is fraud ,becuse they sell mre permits than they have spaces, like i said it would be like me seeling something i dont have, which is fraud / deception
is this not also true of airlines? ;)

keyplayer said:
So what happens when a permit holder is not using a space? Keep it empty until he returns? I don't think so.

The permit is to park in a zone...NOT A PLACE

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
keyplayer said:

The permit is to park in a zone...NOT A PLACE

Yes, I'm aware of that. So let's assume the permit holder has the temerity to drive his/her vehicle out of the zone. eg to a long term car park at an airport whilst taking a vacation. What then?

If your accusations of fraud against the permit issuing authority have any chance of success in court, they'll have to do better than relying on permit holders never venturing out of the zone within which their permits allow them to park their car.

Football, same thing,sell more season tickets than the ground can handle.
your all being screwed, but when you decide enough is enough, and decide to pull out of it, someone else will jump in your place, they, win-win

breezer said:
not in london it isnt

and it is fraud ,becuse they sell mre permits than they have spaces, like i said it would be like me seeling something i dont have, which is fraud / deception

mmmm an usual choice of words breeze :D :D :D "fraud" ;)
deception missapropriation off funds ect

in actual fact all they are paying for the right to park in an appropriate empty space without further charge or penalty

simmilar to bying a travel card and traveling by train or bus
it entitles you to use the option in froint of you or wait for a less crowded train or bus with empty seats or abetter option as in a nearer parking space ;)

in actual fact all they are paying for the right to park in an appropriate empty space without further charge or penalty
On top of your car tax, the ridiculous amount of tax on fuel, and having to pay to park near your house is diabolical - typical of this ***** of a country - almost on a par with having to pay to visit sick ones in hospital. Friend of tried to claim because they painted double yellows outside his house therefore devalueing it a fair bit but got no where, the same old story - 2 sets of rules.

If the Brown gets into power then stealth taxes will increase.
I reckon tis due to his aspirations, that the council tax revaluation is on hold..
They say 'off road parking' and 'a nice view' may well increase liability.. Hearsay, but where there is smoke ..

:( :(

empip said:
...They say 'off road parking' and 'a nice view' may well increase liability..
Council tax is supposed to have some relation to property value, and I suppose a house overlooking a wooded valley would be worth more than an identical house next to a sewage works and facing a pie factory. A more valuable house could reasonably be assessed higher for property tax.

Diyisfun said:
Rolo..Do u live in London?

Yep I live in the land of massive mortgage known as London :confused: But parking aint that bad round here anyway, just the bloke on the council dont like buses stopping outside his house. Spoke to my neighbour today seems like he has tried it on before, the guy probably wants another go because I only moved in the house a couple of months ago. I cant see it going through, I moved my car out of the parking space today and watched what the traffic did, they still drove 'around' the parking space so I cant see the issue. I also got consulation letter today from council about all my neighbours have said no, so will see what happens. :evil:

As for stealth tax and Gordon Brown dont start me on that :( sometimes I feel like this country is totally screwing me over. Wont bore you with details but because of Labours tax f**k up, I pay an average of 51% tax on EVERY pound I earn yep thats EVERY pound due to IR35, on top of this there is the stealth taxes. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Sometime feel I should move abroad. Rolo in annoyed with the world mood :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back