Couple of questions about oil boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

We're considering making best use of space by having our new (domestic, internal style) boiler fitted in a bathroom rather than kitchen. In theory is this feasible? I know nothing of regulations when it comes to oil boilers and wondered if having one in a relatively moist environment like a bathroom would be doable.

The bathroom is upstairs and has direct access through the roof for a conventional flu. Would we need to extend the flu so it clears the ridge tile of the house or is it acceptable simply to take it out through the roof tiles & leave it at that?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Use google to find manufacturers installation instructions, or building regs.

The boiler will have to be maintained. Some poor unfortunate will have to do it. Why make it hard by putting it upstairs? You will also have a problem with the oil being taken up that high. I know, other installations are like that, but plenty have problems.

You can get external and through-wall mounting models. Pick one of those and have it so it is accessible for servicing and repair.

I charge extra for awkward installations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back