Court Case

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Does anybody know how to find whether a future court case is actually taking place.

My mate and I are still owed money from a contractor we worked for last year and he has been stringing us along all this time regarding the money. By the way, I am not holding my breath about ever seeing this money.

He is telling us that there is a final court date set for a date in November where he will attempt to get what he is owed from the main contractor.

I am sceptical as to whether this hearing is taking place. I know the names of the 2 firms involved but not where it would take place. Although I know where the main contractor is based.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not ask the debtor for the hearing date/

Be very persistent i.e ask every day to wind him up and show that you nean business. :D

if you call the other parties and told them you wanted to bring a claim against the one that owes you they might be interested in talking to you to see if that would help them as you'd both be gunning against the same enemy. You might then tease out of them where they are at in their case and where and when it will take place. Having said that tho' they might just be stringing you out so tell them you are adding interest to the money owed you (commercial debt rate) and don't delay in taking your own action because if they lose the case or if it is a fiction you want to be at the head of the queue.

Go down to the County Courts and ask. I thinks yours is close to the Magistrates court. Speak to the nice people on reception, they will tell you whether it is listed in the near future. They should be able to search their system for both the name of the applicant and the respondent.

If they don't have a date at least ask them to check for a reference number. If a case hasn't been filed then it won't have a reference number and your suspicions might be correct.

The Court is at :Lewins Place, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2NR

Sponsored Links
Who is your contract with?

It is understandable that you don't want to pee someone off who potentially might give you more work in future, so you might not want to make a claim against the contractor you worked for... even if it is actually him who is entirely responsible for paying you.

What is the reason for the prime contractor not paying up? If they've gone belly up then you should be able to check with companies house who the insolvency practitioner is and contact them.

Anyway, if you don't want to press the contractor you worked for then this might help but will take some digging...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/courthearings.htm

Back