Cover Panel confusion with the Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just installed an IKEA METOD kitchen and the granite worktop is about to go next.
I cannot understand how to install an End Cover Panel to a dishwasher that is the in the corner of a (now open ended) wall.

I've been told by Ikea that the cover panel is:
  • Not attached to the dishwasher and rests on floor.
  • Would need to be attached to the floor (had a buy full length of tall cover panel)
  • Would need to buy floor fixings from Screwfix/ Toolstation etc as Ikea don't sell them. Which ones do you recommend?
  • Would also be attached to the worktop (should I leave that to the installers)?
Please check the attached pic and advise on the above points?

I also tried to hold the dishwasher with a flat metal plate as you can see. Should I remove it now as the wall behind it is going to be tiled?

Thanks for your help in advance.
20160205_008b4.jpg
20160205_008b4.jpg
a>

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Difficult to see what you have there, but end panel should be secured to rear wall [baton if you have room] and the floor [any suitable bracket should do it] and ideally have a timber panel over the front of the dishwasher so you can attach the dishwasher to the top [stops the dishwasher moving when the door is opened/closed]. Worth speaking to the granite installer to see if your design is substantial enough as a lot of weight on top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back