Covering Copper Pipe

SBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I intend to cover a short run of copper pipe (less than 2m) in my concrete bathroom floor. The pipe is covered with denzo tape, I would like to use a weak mix for the covering, what mix do you suggest?
Thank you
Barry

Sponsored Links
You can use the same screed mix already on the floor, which is 3 parts sharp sand 1 part cement, nearly dry so that when you squeeze it it in you hand it just holds together.

Hi petertheplumber,
Thank you for the fast response. I was really wanting to try and fill in with a weak mix (There are no structural considerations) similar to what the builder had originally used. I found the previous mix fairly easy to remove without damaging the pipes.
Hope this makes sense!
Barry

Sponsored Links
Usually the floor is made of concrete, then finished with a nominal 2" of screed, this is the 3:1 sand cement mix. it is very hard wearing since little water is used and is strong mix ratio compered with other sand cement mixes, also less water means stronger the mix, If you found it easy to remove some for a channel and yours was at least a month old, then the builder used a weaker mix than he should have. I had to chase the floor for someone a short while ago and it was NOT easy. Yours will wear very easily and may dent also. Ask the builder what mix he used, I bet it was more sand than 3:1.On Friday I am putting a screed floor down for someone and the person mixing already knew it would be a 3:1 mix.

• Thanks
Reactions: SBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back