Covering the back of Kitchen base units..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello:

I am going to be fitting my kitchen cabinets, in the design some of the cabinets 'stick out' from the wall into the kitchen floor to form a divider (peninsula unit???) - a bit like an island with one end attched to the wall..
Anyhow, I want the back of the cupboards covering to match the room (boarded, skitcing board and decorated etc).
I realise that the kitchen worktop is designed to fit flush to the backs of the cupboards service space. So If I just put a board over the cupboard backs it would protrude beyond the edge of the kitchen worktop.
My current idea is to trim the cupboards service space so I can fit the board and still be 'under' the worktop.
Is this the best way, or is there an alternative 'more preferred' method?
Thanks.
Icarusbop

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info
My current supplier does not have 665mm worktops - I'll need to go to another supplier costing £250 more!
Never mind, it's got to look right!
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back