cowboy plumber/builder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE PLEASE HELP.
I AM HAVING A NEW BATHROOM FITTED TO ASSIST MY HUSBAND WHO HAS RECENTLY HAD QUITE A SEVERE STROKE,AS FUNDS WERE LIMITED AND couldnt WAIT FOR SOCIAL SERVICES TO ASSIST I HAVE GONE AHEAD AND AM HAVING THE WORK DONE.
TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT SO FAR THE WEEKS WORK HAS BEEN fraught WITH ARGUMENTS WITH MY SO CALLED BUILDER.
HE REMOVED THE OLD SUITE LAST SATURDAY WITHOUT PLUMBING PROBLEMS.....COME TODAY refitting NEW SUIT WE HAVE HAD WATER POURING THOUGH THE KITCHEN CEILING WHICH UPON HIS SO CALLED INSPECTION WE HAVE SUDDENLY GAINED A "!ROGUE MAINS SUPPLY UNDER PRESSURE"!SO AFTER ABOUT 3 HOURS P.....G ABOUT IN THE AIRING CUPBOARD HE LEFT.WE SWITCHED ON OUR GAS CENTRAL HEATING VIA ROOM THERMOSTAT AS WE ALWAYS DO AND NOTHING...WE HAVE NO HEATING,WE HAD OUR SYSTEM SERVICED ON WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK.HAS THIS COWBOY DONE SOMETHING HE shouldnt HAVE DONE??
PLEASE I AM DESPERATE TO KNOW.
MANY THANKS[/b]

Sponsored Links
not enough info on type of heating system or this rogue pipe to come to any ideas

The heating system boiler is a Blenheim(not a combi) the only other direct feed in the bathroom is an electric shower. If he has done as you think what do we do about it please?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would say that anyone with any business sense would respect the people who have employed themand keep them informed so that they understand anything and everything that is or will effect their normal living conditions. So, in that respect , they are not the standard of tradesperson i would employ.

alsal, your first priority would appear to be getting the heating system back in working order.

Has your builder/contractor undertaken to do this straight away?

If not, when has he said that he will be doing it?

I recommend that you write down your exact observations of what has happened, without any analysis or rebuke, and send a letter to the contractor requiring him to rectify whatever fault has he introduced within 24 hours. Inform him that if he refuses or fails to rectify it, you will engage a heating engineer to put things right, and that he will be liable for all costs incurred.

Do not give him any money until the system is working again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back