cr smith or thistle windows which is best?

We got a lot of windows installed by Thistle and the first problem was the fact it was supposed to be two separate installations due to renovations happening in another part of the house and we were informed this was ok and surprise surprise it was put in one installation and even the sales rep lying about it....ok lesson learnt on that one.

Got sash and case windows and 18 months later we are still having problems with them and I can't even remotely explain how rubbish a service we have received here are just a few things of many.....

1. Sales Rep lying
2. Rather than the fitters dumping the cuttings of expanding foam they pack it
down my drain and caused it to be blocked.
3. Flashings and gutters we purchased for another job at the house their fitters used it (even though they were told it is not their products) we have constantly asked about it to be replaced.
4. The sealant has started to come away from around the windows and they
still have not fixed it even though they were told 4 months ago.
5. Windows faulty and 18 months down the road still not fixed after two visits
from the manufacture.
6. The internal woodwork has different fascia on each sides of the windows
(unfortunately we failed to spot this at the time)

The list goes on and on and it has caused us so much grief and stress we are at the end of our tether. I really believed they were a good company and we had done our research on them and two others and we thought we made the right choice. We spent an awful lot of money with this company and have been conned by them and now the gloves are off.

Avoid this company like the plague.

Sponsored Links
I'm worried now, I am getting the survey for my windows done on Monday and they are getting fitted in April.

Can I hold back some of the payment till I am completly happy?

Sorry I can see I'm resurrecting this again..... we were told by Thistle that the decorator wouldn't come and finish until we'd paid in full! Our experience is that they put the wrong glass in the side panel of the front door, the wood fascias don't join up properly, the big picture window in the living room hasn't been sealed outside which means the downstairs workshop has a water mark in the ceiling AND the window in the office downstairs is ruined by water damage. I can't really complain about the customer service to get this fixed however we've had to take three days off work so far to get this sorted and now we're being told we need to take two more?

How come this site http://www.allchecked.co.uk/review2.htm?c=9d4iv0967q only has 100% reviews as this is the one we checked before deciding?

Keep searching and you'll find the answer, its been suggested that they (alledgedly) have been or have asked for bad reviews to be deleted, this is not me saying it but just what i have read elsewhere on the www, make of that what you will!!!

Sponsored Links
:evil:Spent £3,000 on a new front door.

From day 1 the door leaked.

Told them I would not pay the £300 retention until the work was done to satisfactory standard ( job was not fit for purpose a fact acknowledged on site by two of their staff).

They refused to come back and fix but after further complaints they sent two people out who confirmed there was a major problem.

Told the MD I would pay once the job was completed properly. He said he would only send someone out to fix the fault when I paid the retention. He claimed this would trigger the guarantee and they would fix under guarantee - how anyone would guarantee a bother job is a mystery ( or fraudulent?).

I offered to put the money in the hands of an independent solicitor to be released when the works were done. The MD refused this offer.

Conclusion :-

They are not to be trusted
Dont deliver a service fit for purpose
They are desperate for cash ( take your own conclusions from this!)

Summary is please don't risk your cash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back