Crabtree RCBO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a crabtree rcbo, 32A 30mA, for a ring circuit. it should be single width (not enough room in the CU for a double one), does it exist? if not , Is there any other make that will be copatible and fit in the crabtree starbreaker CU?
Albert

Sponsored Links
they make them but only in type C

which leads to a cuircuit design nightmare

i would advise use of a din rail enclosure with a seperate 40A rcd connected to the existing MCB using 6mm cable

plugwash said:
they make them but only in type C

which leads to a cuircuit design nightmare

i would advise use of a din rail enclosure with a seperate 40A rcd connected to the existing MCB using 6mm cable

Thanks for your reply,
The issue is that they have a divided CU, one side is main dp switch/RCD protected and the other is a normal dp switch, there was an extension (upper floor) added to the house, and the new ring circuit was added to the dp switch side and not in the RCD side. I know that the RCD is not required by the regulations but I prefer to use RCD protection for socket outlets. My idea was (seemed to be the most simple), to remove the MCB that protects this ring circuit and put instead a RCBO, so I will not have to make any major changes in the CU and get the best protection. there is no room to move the MCB to the RCD side, Would MK RCBO or any other make be compatible with the physical size of the brabtree CU?
Albert

I'm afraid not - mixing up different makes of MCB and consumer units can potentially be a recipe for disaster in the future - don't try it.

Sponsored Links
Albert & Plug....

Just looked at my pdf Crabtree catalogue. In tech section they say the RCBO's are Type B.

The Wylex ones are C.

Download a copy of the Crabtree catalogue here:

www.electrium.co.uk

sorry my mistake i must have misread somewhere

i know wylex and volex ones are both type C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back