Crack between extension and house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed the extension (Built approx 10 years or so ago) has moved away from the house slightly (See pics). There is a visible crack forming on the outside, nothing showing inside, apart from some damp which I assume is due to rain coming in from the crack.

My question is what would be the best way to fix this? I have posted countless jobs on site like mybuilder, check a trade etc and not one person has responded. I know of a plasterer who can come render it, but is that enough? Someone mentioned I should have a render drip bead installed, but not sure what that is or if its necessary. Any suggestions would be great! If I knew exactly what I should i get done, it would probably be easier to find tradesman for the job! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
It appears that the leadwork is coming loose from where it was mortared into the wall, photo 2 shows the lead has slipped, so nothing major. All it needs is raking out and refixing using lead plugs or fixing clips designed for the job and then repointing up with some paint to finish. A roofer or builder could do it but it is not beyond a competent diy'er too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back