Crack in double glaze unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had my windows for 6/7 years, and one of the units has just cracked on the inside, no one has hit it, was a All I heard was a loud crack. Can anyone tell me how or why this could have happened after such a long time , and before I replace it how do I get the glass off the security tape and do I need to replace the tape.

Sponsored Links
If on a down stairs window you may have had extra security clips fitted, these some times 'shell' the edge of the glass when installed, leading to failure later on, or a packer has been installed with pressure on one side of the glass, or your screws are going rusty in the frame and expanding and pushing on the glass. There 3 for the price of one!

Good filler/scraping knife thru old tape, clean all old tape off and install new correct width tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back