Cracked lusso stone bath outer skin repair advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.

Hope someone can help here. Not been able to find anything online so far. We've got a crack in the outer skin of our lusso bath on the underside. We noticed water coming out for underneath the bath a few weeks ago. We got it up on blocks and basically theres a massive crack underneath. See pics. It's a stone/resin jobby so no sure how to go about repairing it. We've been in touch with Lusso and they've been great to be fair.

There's clearly a failed repair around the waste (see pics again) but the manufacturer is resolutely denying any intervention. Lusso have given us a full refund. The problem now is the bath weighs 25 stones, took 5 blokes to shift it, and we need to get it down a dogleg flight of stairs and another one back up...

Or I can attempt my own repair.

My initial thoughts were clean the crack and CT1 it. The brother-in-law sugested LS-X but that says it's for compression joints (not applicable here).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit unsure how best to proceed.

Cheers
Jon

Attachments

• 20230128_154502.jpg
    20230128_154502.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 20230128_154544.jpg
    20230128_154544.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20230128_160259.jpg
    20230128_160259.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Give it a go with CT1 and then use a two part epoxy repair if that fails. Keep the compo.

Blup

Possibly a glass fibre type repair kit might work but I woudn't think a repair would last very long even if you got it to seal. Even though its a rigid stone resin bath, any weight inside the bath will cause movement of the crack which will lead to further leaks.
Could it be broken up and taken out in bits. Getting the new one in will be more of a problem.

Never tried it on stone, but seems to work on plastic etc, might be worth a try... presuming there is a hairline crack on the surface?

Captain Tolley

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. Think I'm gonna go with:
Raise the bath on blocks all way round to disperse the weight.
Fill it with water to put some weight in and open the crack a bit.
Rake the old repair out as much as possible.
CT1 it.
Let dry.
Empty bath while still on blocks and check for leaks...
Tek a slege hammer to it if that dunt work!

If there is no crack on the inside it must be coming from the waste, plenty of sealant or better still plumbers mait might do the trick.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back