cracks in plaster coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cracks have appeared in my ceiling paper and in the plaster coving at each side of a room. They are only hairline cracks and I would like to know whether I can suitably fill those that are in the coving before repapering the ceiling or am I wasting my time. There does not appear to be a problem with the walls as there are no signs of cracking but could the problem have occurred due to weak joists?
Contortionist

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say if as you say the paper on the ceiling is cracked then there could be an underlying factor, try posting on the builders forum for their advice. If something structual is to blame you will need to sort it out before you decorate.

It could be that the wallpaper seams have just opened slightly yet I has I have said difficult to ascertain.

Dec

They are probably just shrinkage cracks. If they are hairline just push paint into them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back