Crazy Paving on outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a wall that is on the front of the house which I wanted put crazy paving on or at least give that effect.

The wall comes out a bit more than the rest of the house and has two windows in it (if anyone can make out my ASCII art then the Ws denote the window). This section is single storey.

[code:1]
-----------|
| |
|---WWWWW---WWWWW---|

[/code:1]

I wanted this wall to have a crazy paving appearance. The problem is the window sills means that the tiles can protrude just under an inch. Even more of a problem is the white fascia/ sofit panel that runs along the top which the roof just comes over. This is less than an inch thick. So putting crazy paving slabs would make it protrude more than the roof does and also would not fit under the window sills!

Is it possible to get these slates so they are only about a centimetre thick?

Sponsored Links
You also have to worry about bridging the DPC. What is the existing wall made of?

Eddie M said:
You also have to worry about bridging the DPC. What is the existing wall made of?

Its made of normal facing brick.

Sponsored Links
tipu said:
Eddie M said:

Its made of normal facing brick.

Really I don't wish to be rude, but I don't think I'd bother :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back