Creda IW160D water valve wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everybody,

I have a IW160D that was leaking water from the valves...(small crack) this has been repaired and now that I am replacing the manifold I cannot find the piece of paper that reminds me which of the six wires to go where. I do not want to guess them and make things worse.

If you have one could you pop the lid and see the order of wires on the three cold water valves. say with number 1 being the most forward and working back to number 6.

Many thanks in advance. I will continue with the paper hunt. (PS I normally take a digital picture when I do something like this.....a picture is worth a thousand words)

Nik

Sponsored Links
wash valve:- grey and grey.
hot valve :- black and pink
prewash valve :- violet and twin pink.
regards gazza 57

I know that this is an ancient thread but I've just had the same issue, one of three filler valves has split due to the cold weather and is leaking - do I have to replace the entire unit into which the three small solenoids attach? I don't seem able to find the correct part anywhere!! Unless most triple fillers, the unit on mine have the valves all inline, not at varying angles.

Sponsored Links
ebay and various other spares companys may have it cheaper, we keep these in for peeps when we scrap the machines so your local spares comapny may have a second hand one

ebay and various other spares companys may have it cheaper, we keep these in for peeps when we scrap the machines so your local spares comapny may have a second hand one

In the end I managed to pop the leaking part out exposing the small metal valve (that is forced up/down by magnetism). I've used Araldite to reseat and seal it, hopefully it'll hold! I'll let you know!

Actually I'm a bit stuck now...I note the spade connector order that Gary has given above but I'm not sure how they relate to the order of my valves.

I don't suppose anyone has a photo handy?

I've got the triple fill valve in a line, all exactly the same - ultimately does it make much difference? providing the water gets into the washer? I don't use the draw other than for fabric conditioner.

Actually, forget the last, I just remembered that I took a photo of the spade layout prior to disconnecting them!!

For anyone else with a Creda IW160D, here's the photo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back