creda tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a creda simplicity dryer, it has just started making a thumping noise when its on , ive checked the drum and found if i manualy turn it , it seems to catch or rub against something when the seam part of the drum is at the bottom of the revolution, i cant see any visible damage at all, no burning or split metal, anyone help ????

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the rear bearing of the drum? A lot of these dryers have a small square bronze bearing at the back. Sometimes this wears through and the back panel then saws the drum shaft off.

Have you checked the rear bearing of the drum? A lot of these dryers have a small square bronze bearing at the back. Sometimes this wears through and the back panel then saws the drum shaft off.
the dryer is now making very loud noises, and manually cant spin the the drum anymore, any help please ??hopefully i will repair it myself, just want to know what im looking for when the back is off etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back