CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM

Hermes, in the caseyou use, that would be manslaughter or manslaughter through diminished responsibility. Equally it is possible they could be charged with Murder due to temporary insanity.

It is one of the failing of the current system that all deaths are treated as murder, when clearly they are not.

Murder is to kill in cold blood, either planned or otherwise with regard for the consequences of your actions.

Manslaughter is where you knew your actions would cause physical harm, but there was no intention to cause death, the exception being Involutary Manslughter.

What you highlighted is as I have said, yet another failing of our archaic system

Sponsored Links
Bas i was posting to softus about looking on the net regarding dna as a joke, so there was no need to jump in and slag me off thank you :eek:

DDoyle said:
Hermes, in the caseyou use, that would be manslaughter or manslaughter through diminished responsibility. Equally it is possible they could be charged with Murder due to temporary insanity.

It is one of the failing of the current system that all deaths are treated as murder, when clearly they are not.

Murder is to kill in cold blood, either planned or otherwise with regard for the consequences of your actions.

Manslaughter is where you knew your actions would cause physical harm, but there was no intention to cause death, the exception being Involutary Manslughter.

What you highlighted is as I have said, yet another failing of our archaic system
Its abit rich for someone who supports the death penalty to use the term "Archaic" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Richard, instead of trying to be funny, why do you now read what I wrote regarding the death penalty and then post something constructive or informative.

It is simply comments like yours that causes problems in forums as many people take it to heart. I personally don't care what you think about my opinions, but perhaps you should consider what you say before posting.

Sponsored Links
We're the Goodies,
How do you do?
We've just been down to the zoo.
Saw a monkey in a cage doin' a dance that could be the rage.
It's not hard, so let's all do
the Funky Gibbon!
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

I think its abot time the mods closed this thread its getting boring

aye the death penalty wins hands down

someone said if you kill a murderer the killing never ends ? how is that we killed him he isnt able to murder again = good result for MANKIND

some on here are cowards and wont want people killed on there behalf ? there is always the weak willed to contend with on this issue HANG THEM HIGH

FACT if a murderer is caught red handed how is that not 100% wake up please and get back to reality WE are losing our young to murdering peado gangs TIME to stand up and be counted COUNT ME IN

WHO CARES WINS

Its about time people who murder where given rehab its no good sending them to jail are giving them the death penalty we have tried all these methods before if we give them all they need such as money, women ,
cars, holidays in the carrabean, im sure they will come round to thinking the same as us.

to protect inocent girls being raped why not send a would be rapist into one of these new brothels which the gov as opened up something like a free buspass

ban-all-sheds said:
Thank you, masona, for showing that debate can sometimes work, and giving me hope that it is worthwhile trying.
Can't be easy though. ;)
And for a pointed lesson that reacting in anger works both ways :oops:
That is normal behaviour and I'm still learning :)

Richardp said:
We're the Goodies,
How do you do?
We've just been down to the zoo.
Saw a monkey in a cage doin' a dance that could be the rage.
It's not hard, so let's all do
the Funky Gibbon!
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!
OOO ecky thump! :)

hermes said:
DDoyle said:
Murder is murder, and the penalty, regardless of the existance of a death penalty, should be the same for all..
That is nonsense and we have been through it before. The murder of a spouse after years of physical and/or mental abuse is not the same as the murder of a young child or the murder of a pensioner for a few quid. This is reflected in the discretion available to judges when it comes to sentencing.
Or the murder of an innocent bystander by the police or the murder of innocent victims by infantry? some is legal some is illegal but it is all wrong.

The big problem with murder, as I see it as a lay person and not an expert on crminal law, seems to be dfining what murder actually is.

As the last couple of posts here have shown, to kill is to commit murder, that is generally what most, if not all the public think, but surely it is only murder if you intended to kill or you knew beyond reasonable doubt that your actions would likely cause death(s) and that you acted regardless of the consequences.

Personally, I see Mansluaghter as someone acting in a way they knew would cause physical harm to a person, but they had no reeasonable expectation that death would result.

I appreciate this is a personal view, and that manslaughter is likely harder to pin down than murder, but I do feel we need a more open and transparent system of determining Muder from Manslaughter and the degrees of them. Personally I feel only by doing that we can start to get a fairer Justice system in this respect.

Sponsored Links
Back