Crooks on a warning

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Do you remember the 2021 "Pandora Papers" scandal?

Possible tax-dodgers and mondy-launderers identified?

HMRC have just written some letters.

Is there an election coming up?

"The UK tax authority has written to hundreds of people named in one of the biggest leaks of financial information, warning them of penalties if they do not verify that they have paid in full what they owe.

In letters sent on Monday, HM Revenue & Customs told individuals named in the 2021 Pandora Papers, which showed how some of the world’s wealthiest people had used offshore tax havens to store and move money, to check that they had informed it of all their UK tax liabilities from overseas income or gains.

The agency told recipients of its letter that they had 30 days to report any outstanding tax payments and cautioned that people who did not meet the deadline could face penalties, including a fine of up to 200 per cent of any amount due and prosecution."

FT.com

I hope it does not include very many ex-Chancellors and ex- Prime Ministers.

Sponsored Links

I daresay it will. Do I remember Cherie Blair skipping a stamp duty payment for a few hundred thou?

"The UK tax authority has written to hundreds of people named in one of the biggest leaks of financial information, warning them of penalties if they do not verify that they have paid in full what they owe.

In letters sent on Monday, HM Revenue & Customs told individuals named in the 2021 Pandora Papers, which showed how some of the world’s wealthiest people had used offshore tax havens to store and move money, to check that they had informed it of all their UK tax liabilities from overseas income or gains.

The agency told recipients of its letter that they had 30 days to report any outstanding tax payments and cautioned that people who did not meet the deadline could face penalties, including a fine of up to 200 per cent of any amount due and prosecution."

FT.com

Tory MPs will just claim the fine as expenses.

Is this the understaffed working from home back in a minute while a drop the kids off tax department ?

Sponsored Links
Is this the understaffed working from home back in a minute while a drop the kids off tax department ?

If it is, time it was given teeth and more investment to go after the tax dodgers.

Pandora (and the P's before it) is/was bit bigger than that iirc.
I won't be holding my breath for much. They might find some whistleblowers to sack.

FT.com

How many will take any notice.

Did they evade or avoid? HMRC seem not to know and are simply asking people to confirm along with everyone who files a tax return each year.

Sponsored Links
Back