Crosswater Egon Shower Column installation

Fair enough, I have no experience of them- and like I said, I didn't pay that much for the shower.

I'd still like to make it work, though.

If you paid a more realistic price and can get the parts and it works then you can't moan.

Sponsored Links
Agreed.

It looks like no-one on here has fitted one, so my hopes are resting with Crosswater tech services, if they come through then I'll post the information here in case anyone else ends up with one of these.

I've never fitted one or have any paperwork on one.
But if you get any instructions etc willbe handy. ;)

Ok, response from Crosswater Technical dept is that the Egon Shower Column EG500FC has been discontinued for some time now (although it appears to be still for sale on many websites), and therefore there are no longer any spare parts available for it.

So, anyone who did buy one of these new is looking at slinging £1,600 in the bin if any of it goes wrong.

What is interesting is that every website selling it mentions the 15 year guarantee that it comes with- how on earth would they honour that with no spare parts?

Has anyone got a suggestion about how I could use the shower before I weigh it in for the brass?

Sponsored Links
Your experience with that company is terrible. What an amateurish bunch. I hope people searching the net find your thread and avoid their products like the plague.

No spares at all for an expensive product that is still on sale is beyond belief. I was under the impression that manufacturers were obliged to keep things available for a while.

I wonder whether there is a workaround. Looking at your pic. of the water inlet, can you work out where the hot and cold should enter? Side by side, or one inside the other? Anything threaded at all?

There is no threading in there at all, and from the exploded diagram they sent me (which was not of exactly the same item, but very close), the two pipes visible in the picture go into one single pipe that runs up the column and into the head.

I think that the design calls for one pipe running to the mystery connector block/unit from the thermostatic mixer.

So, in summary, I need to create a union between one run of either 15mm or 22mm (whichever comes out of a thermostatic mixer) into that base unit.

The lady in the technical dept at Crosswater has been very helpful, but if they have no parts then they have no parts- although if I had paid full whack for this I'd be talking to my solicitor about now in a warranty situation.

It does seem nuts not having any diagrams/install guides/spare parts for a unit on general sale, for a grand and a half!

Thanks Admin!

If no-one knows of the proper connector for this, would it be possible to use something to else to make the connection?

Or am I looking at binning what is a fairly expensive shower due to this issue?
, 1 connection :eek: 1 connection is easy - a compression fitting stuck in with araldite ;) - You owe me a virtual curry and a couple of lagers :LOL:

99% of shower stuff is utter rubbish and massively overpriced. It's all shiny and looks great, but devoid of any technical or engineering design. The only I've found so far company that properly engineers their stuff is Grohe. The rest is just shiny s**t.

It looks like you're missing a spigot with one or two O rings that fits into the bottom of the column. The column would then be sitting on the spigot which would have a bsp connection for attaching the water supply. I guess also that the only attachment to the wall would be by the copper pipe, ie. not very secure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back