Crystals in inhibitor bottle

TMW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After draining our system to add a new towel ladder in the bathroom, I used a bottle of Wickes inhibitor that I have had for around a year. As I poured the last of it into the header tank I heard something fall into the tank. I fished out several large crystals before they could go down the pipe and cause havoc with my pump etc!

Does this mean that the inhibitor will not be effective? Eg. Has all the active ingredient turned into crystals?

Does any one know if it is a bad idea to overdose your system with too much inhibitor? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Dont panic the crystals should dissolve eventually ... like before they get a chance to cause damage
They were oversaturated in the bottle so now they have some liquid to dissolve into they will do so

Thank you Slugbaby, that is useful to know. I had visions of broken pumps and all sorts! Do you think the inhibitor will still be effective? I am tempted to add another bottle just in case if this in itself is not damaging to the system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back