CU replacement advice needed

Also I wonder if there is any regulation on the length of earth wire allowed from CU to my spike? The meter is about 2m from the cu so a 3m tails kit will be fine but I doubt the 3m earth will be enough to get from cu to spike

That will be accessed and tested by your electrician.

Sponsored Links
I'm yet to hear of an installation losing the suppliers neutral only in all many years. Even if the neutral were lost, what hazard would it pose on a TT supply?

I vaguely recall mention of this being caused by someone t'iefing the supplier's neutral conductor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14075618

Although I can't find any report that actually explains how the deflagration occurred.

Although I can't find any report that actually explains how the deflagration occurred.

I should imagine its a case of a row of properties on TNCS, neutral disppears and suddenly the water and gas services end up being susbitute neutral conductors, all you need then is a corroded bonding clamp in a property and it'll heat up, perhaps arc and bit and melt a nearby solder joint and allow gas to escape.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back