Current PE Magazine Letters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't believe what I read in PE these days...

One guy complaining about a job he went to, listing faults such as:

EFLI on TT supply at 104 Ohms.

Main earth was 6mm², with 25mm² tails.

Show yourself up to the world, why don't you? ;)

Another letter from a guy complaining he has to go on a 5 day course of 17th update as his 16th qualif. was too old.

He decided he could not afford it, so is investing £25 in an NIC 17th training manual & £60 for the new regs....

Why is it you get whingers like this? Can't they see they have to move with the times & invest in themselves and the business?

The money could be borrowed and repaid, while the cost is recouped gradually from jobs done.

Sponsored Links
That just about sums up CEF....even their mags are out of date :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Can't believe what I read in PE these days...

One guy complaining about a job he went to, listing faults such as:

EFLI on TT supply at 104 Ohms.

Main earth was 6mm², with 25mm² tails.

Show yourself up to the world, why don't you? ;)

Another letter from a guy complaining he has to go on a 5 day course of 17th update as his 16th qualif. was too old.

He decided he could not afford it, so is investing £25 in an NIC 17th training manual & £60 for the new regs....

Why is it you get whingers like this? Can't they see they have to move with the times & invest in themselves and the business?

The money could be borrowed and repaid, while the cost is recouped gradually from jobs done.

Agreed.
Years ago i worked for marconi, they had an oldish workforce when i first started. When the idea of training was ever mentioned they sort of got on their high horses about wanting to get paid for learning another job, i could not believe it. I grabbed every oppurtunity possible to learn anything and everything, i sometimes see a few of that old workforce now stacking shelves in asda.

I can see his point.

If he's a qualified practising electrician who can read without moving his lips it's hard to see why he needs a 5 day course to learn the changes in the 17th. I see no reason why he couldn't teach himself with the aid of a decent manual/guide/CBT package.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back