Cutting a tap hole in a granite sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone know if a hinge cutter drill bit will cut out a semi-drilled tap hole on a Franke granite (resin) sink?

I know you can knock the whole out but I’m a bit nervous with that approach just in case it causes damage to the sink.

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
hit it

chicken.jpg

its made to break out ;)

The instructions recommend not to hit the hole out but to use a diamond edge 35mm hole saw!

I was hoping I could use the 35mm hinge cutter but worried it might splinter the top surface

Sponsored Links
A normal hole saw probably would do the job but it would be no good after you have used it... Follow bathstyles advise...

My Frankes sink has weak points, supposed to biff them out with a hammer & punch, but I'm nervous about doing it, so I'm probably going to Dremmel them out.

I have a Hansgrohe Tap in my Bathroom, the instructions say to use an allen key to remove the lever, so I'm gonna see if a small flat edge screwdriver will fit, if I knock it in with a Hammer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back