undermount Sink Installation.... recommendation please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to embark on installing a granite worktop in a new kitchen. A contractor is fitting the worktop, as its fairly complex, but he refuses to install the undermount sink. (Will just cut out the hole)

Given this, does anyone have experience of installing an undermount sink into a granite worktop - If so, any recommendations as to which manufacturer has the 'easiest' fitting kit. Clearly i want to avoid any drilling into the counter if possible.... I may be able to get the installer to pre-drill any holes at a cost, but if there is another way, then great.

I'd be grateful for any guidance.... as an idea im currently looking at Franke/Blanco Sinks (but have no clue how they mount and cant find details on their web sites)

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
You should'nt be even thinkin about any drillin in that top. You choose the bowl & tap. 1st fix inside the sink unit hot & cold & 40mm waste at low level 300mm from base unit bottom. Franke & Blanco both good. tel them what bowl & tapwhen they measure up 4 the granite. Beta if u have it on site to givem template. ask themto drop bowl in place & fit tap to granite before its fitted. The rest is easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back