Cutting in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am ****e at cutting in, i just dont have a steady hand.

Whats the best way to make sure you dont have to go over and over the places that you have painted.

I have tried masking tape but it just pulls the paint of the wall

Sponsored Links
Make sure your emulsion isn't too heavy as you want your brush to glide along the wall leaving a nice sharp edge around the things you cut round.So if your cutting in emulsion is dragging too much thin it up 10%.You can always go over it again.
Do one wall at a time m8 Starting with your hardest bit by cutting in your tops along the ceiling first,then down your walls ,round windows,doors etc and finally along the skirting.Use a decent quality brussh with a good setting.
If you invest in a decent brush it will last you for ages if you look after it and is worth the extra outlay.The way I always say it is"Would you let a hairdresser cut your hair if he bought scissors down at Boots ?"
A 3 or 2 and a half inch brush are an easy size for handling but be sure to scrape excess emulsion on the brush off on the edge of the tin every so often to stop the brush getting overloaded.

Good luck with the job BTW!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back