Cycling System Boiler Y Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Forum

I have a problem with my boiler, it keeps cycling on and off intermittently even though my controller is not calling for heating or water. The boiler fires for about 30 sec then off. My Neighbours all do the same with identical systems, one of them is Corgi registered and has investigated but did not get to the bottom of it (or so he says). This seems unfriendly to the environment and in my old house the boiler only came on when the heating or water was calling.

Any help in saving the environment will be very welcome I can then pass the info onto all the other interested neighbours.

Regards

William

Sponsored Links
A bit more info on your system would help.Is the pump also running and are you sure its a Y plan?

It sounds like all the boilers there are the same.
Are they the white ones, kind of squarish metal box around it?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like all the boilers there are the same.
Are they the white ones, kind of squarish metal box around it?
this stuff should be discussed in the CC, I thought you'd know better than that, Ben

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is anyone there, whooooooooo
anyone here with a boiler, yes, (audience gasp in amazement) anyone with a broken down boiler, yes, (audience gasp in amazement), is it a glowworm, yes, (audience gasp in amazement)..................... :evil:

Sorry my bad, Yes they are all white boxes and squareish or more accuratley an elongated cuboid.

The Pump does not run when the boiler fires without reason however under normal conditions when heat or water are called for the pump is running too.

As far as I can tell it is a Y plan.

Ta

If it is a Yplan system and your boiler is firing when all controls are off then it has not been wired corectly or a system component is faulty.Get someone in who understands system wiring.Since when has this type of advice been only allowed in the CC?.

well it is the right colour
rofl5.gif

Thanks Chaps/Chapetts

It has a 3 port valve , and unfortunately when the boiler comes on, by the time I get upstairs to measure the voltage at the wiring centre its only gone off again, but the timer is off and the C/H stat is wound right down to min.

Is it possible that this is a feature of the boiler which is an 'Ideal' boiler. In which case is it something that a boiler engineer could sort. As mentioned previously my local Corgi registered Engineer was beaten by this but he is not a boiler expert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back