cylinder leak top connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh it goes on..........

I found a leak on the top connector to the hot water cylinder. It has a female scew connection to the coil and a compression fitting to the pipework. This is a tank I changed a couple of months ago.

I used PTFE and now wondering if hemp would have been better.

So do I try furnox F4 or do I drain down and try and repair.

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
Oh it goes on..........

I found a leak on the top connector to the hot water cylinder. It has a female scew connection to the coil and a compression fitting to the pipework. This is a tank I changed a couple of months ago.

I used PTFE and now wondering if hemp would have been better.

So do I try furnox F4 or do I drain down and try and repair.

Cheers

John

Try using cylinder connectors & plenty of ptfe.

What are cylinder connectors ? - The connector show was supplied to me when I purchased the cyliner.

The cylinder also states not to use taper connection.

Cheers

John

What are cylinder connectors ? - The connector show was supplied to me when I purchased the cyliner.

The cylinder also states not to use taper connection.

Cheers

John

They are female iron to 22mm copper connections, straight or elbow.

Sponsored Links
cylcon.jpg

Ah thanks for that. So is the pipe under the nut formed into an olive and seals on the inside of the coil mail connector ?

Would you use ptfe or hemp and what else on the joint ?

Can you get a pushfit on the copper end. I gonna leave it till next weekend so I dont have to rush (which is usually when it goes wrong)

Does anyone know if the flat compression spanners at screwfix fit the coil fitting, to stop it turning.

Cheers

John

its a cone type fitting, just wrap taper (the bit under the nut) with ptfe, nut then screws onto cylinder tapping. the other end is an end feed soldered joint .

Ah thanks for that. So is the pipe under the nut formed into an olive and seals on the inside of the coil mail connector ?

Would you use ptfe or hemp and what else on the joint ?

Can you get a pushfit on the copper end. I gonna leave it till next weekend so I dont have to rush (which is usually when it goes wrong)

Does anyone know if the flat compression spanners at screwfix fit the coil fitting, to stop it turning.

Cheers

John

You have been advised & even given a picture, unfortunately we can`t fit it for you.

Mick & All

Thanks for the helpful replies!

Cheers

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back