Leak from indirect part of HWC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Recently fitted an indirect cylinder and on filling up the central heating and running for some hours have noticed a small buy damn annoying leak on the top connection of the coil, Its not from the cylinder, but seaping out of the female iron, about a drip every minute or so.

I now have to drain the system again to sort this out, any tips on ensuring that it does not happen? I assume PTFE on the cylinder thread might help, but am I missing something.

Its so annoying after spending hours cutting and replacing pipework where no soldered joints leak to have a thread leak! :evil: :evil:

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I HOPE you have not used IRON fittings on the cylinder as in a couple of years time they are likely to go PING followed by a big WOOSH as the water floods

IRON!! No used brass. Managed to cure it with a few more winds of PTFE and gobs a good un!

Thanks for your advice, Might try hemp next time

Use proper cylinder unions,ive never had one leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back