cyltrol valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I seem to have two two port motorised valves and also a cyltrol valve (see photo). What is the cyltrol valve doing please, as I also have a cylinder stat.

Sponsored Links
It is used to limit he temperature of the ho water - probably before you had the controls upgraded.

Was your system originally gravity hhot wwater?

I suspect that the system was upgraded when previous owner put new boiler in.

The cyltrol valve pipes (see photo) gets hot underneath and cool on top. Im getting pumping over into the ex tank, do you think the blocked cyltrol valve might be causing that. Thanks

Sponsored Links
actually I wonder if it is a cyltrol valve. I have started to unscrew the black head and this reveals pressure readings - 0.5 bar, 0.4 bar, etc. Could it be some sort of pressure relief valve. The valve appears to be stuck - would it be ok to completely unscrew the black head, I dont want to cause a leak

Probably an auto bypas valve...leave it alone.

Pumping over problem is more than likely a blockage between the feed and vent pipes or they are incorrectly positioned on the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back